The Ed/Glen Chamber is delighted to help your business celebrate with a ribbon cutting ceremony if your business has:
- Opened its doors in the last 12 months.
- Celebrated a landmark anniversary.
- Changed ownership or is under new management.
- Moved to or breaking ground for a new location.
- Been remodeled or expanded at its present location.
If you are preparing to begin construction on a new facility, contact the Ed/Glen Chamber to schedule your ground breaking ceremony! We will work with your developer and/or construction firm to ensure a smooth process.
Scheduling a ribbon cutting with the chamber should take place a minimum of six weeks ahead of the event to allow the chamber time publicize the event online and in the newsletter, and to invite members of the chamber's board of directors, the ambassadors, and dignitaries from the city of Edwardsville or village of Glen Carbon to join your celebration.
It is vital that you contact the chamber prior to selecting a date and time for your ribbon cutting ceremony so that we can ensure the date and time coincide with our calendar. Ribbon cuttings are typically scheduled at 4pm Monday through Thursday, provided there are no other events scheduled that day. While we work hard to serve our members and make every effort toward flexibility, we are unable to guarantee ribbon cuttings outside of this time frame.
A ribbon cutting ceremony is an important part of your overall marketing plan, and a great way to kick off your grand opening or celebrate milestones. It offers an opportunity to meet fellow business people and become acquainted with your neighbors and fellow chamber members. Chamber staff members are happy to answer any questions you may have to ensure a successful event for your company. Having participated in hundreds of ribbon cutting ceremonies, we know how to get optimum exposure for your business!
The Ed/Glen Chamber office staff and the chamber's ambassador committee conduct the ceremony, complete with a large pair of scissors, ribbon and photos. Ribbon cutting photos appear in the upcoming issue of the chamber's monthly newsletter, Common Ground
, and photos are shared with local news outlets.
Chamber staff and ambassadors will help to make your ribbon cutting ceremony move along smoothly:
- Putting you in touch with other chamber businesses that can provide catering and beverage services, publicity and even invitations.
- Notifying the chamber's board of directors and ambassadors, city or village dignitaries, and chamber members via the monthly newsletter and weekly email blasts.
- Bringing the ceremonial scissors and ribbon, and taking photos at the appointed time.
- Including a photo and acknowledgment of your ribbon cutting in the upcoming issue of the chamber's monthly newsletter, Common Ground.
There is no charge for the chamber's involvement. Ribbon cutting ceremonies are an added benefit of chamber membership. People generally anticipate spending about a half hour at the ceremony, so be prepared to welcome guests, share your collateral materials, give a tour if appropriate, and explain your products/services.
There are many effective ways to promote your ribbon cutting to fellow Ed/Glen Chamber members:
- Request the chamber's mailing list free of charge and send out invitations.
- Collect business cards from attendees and conduct drawings or give door prizes.
- Hand out collateral materials: business cards, brochures & literature.