TheBANK of Edwardsville

Nominate yourself or another deserving business by downloading the nomination form and submitting it to the Chamber office.

2013 Businesses of the Month
2012 Businesses of the Month
2011 Businesses of the Month
2010 Businesses of the Month
2009 Businesses of the Month

Written by Hannah Buehler, Communications Intern

With original capital totaling only $10,000 in 1868, TheBANK of Edwardsville was born. Founded by Edward M. West and his son in law Major William R. Prickett, TheBANK of Edwardsville opened January 1, 1868 on the corner of Main and Purcell Street. While many Edwardsville banks were failing during this time, TheBANK flourished, and by 1899 TheBANK merged with the Madison County State Bank.

Servicing the greater Edwardsville community since the 1800s , TheBANK has grown a highly respected reputation. The business and its employees are “The People You Know and Trust.” TheBANK is dedicated to servicing the community, providing exceptional customer service and innovative products for customers growing needs. TheBANK offers diverse banking options for individuals and businesses.

Today, TheBANK has 20 locations throughout Madison and St. Clair County, and is one of the areas largest employers. TheBANK’s assets total about $1.45 billion. TheBANK’s Main Banking Center is in downtown Edwardsville with other locations on Troy Road, Glen Carbon, in store at Shop-n-Save, on the campus of SIUE, and in neighboring communities.

TheBANK has built a strong reputation on being more than just a banking institution. Its diverse products and services as well as strong community involvement have made TheBANK a leading banking trendsetter among community banks across the country.

Strong community involvement includes having floats in parades to sponsorships, fundraisers and benefitting non-profit organizations. The Board of Directors as well as TheBank’s employees all donate time and efforts to a diverse group of civic organizations and clubs. Organizations that staff members have been involved in include: The Ed/Glen Chamber of Commerce, Rotary Club, Lions Club, Business and Professional Women, Hospice of Southern Illinois, United Way, Toys for Tots, March of Dimes, Big Brothers Big Sisters, and The American Heart Association.

Through its distinguished Community Scholarship Program, TheBANK of Edwardsville awards one select graduating high school senior with $2,000 per four years in scholarship money. This student exhibits positive leadership and character through community involvement and academic accomplishment.

TheBANK of Edwardsville has been a Chamber member since 1954, and values its Chamber membership and benefits. Through the Chamber, TheBANK has been able to stay better connected with commercial banking customers in the area. TheBANK’s membership has also been useful in networking and keeping up to date with the communities needs.

To learn more about TheBANK of Edwardsville, stop by the main branch office at 330 West Vandalia Street in Edwardsville, call 618.656.0057, or visit them online at www.4thebank.com.